I’m not gonna lie to you. This week is easily the toughest I’ve had picking games, mostly due to the fact that Las Vegas is getting sharper with its lines. This week’s slate features six spreads of at least 7.5 points, and just four road favorites.
Anyway, I expect my 30-19-1 record to take a meaningful hit this week, but here goes nothing. All home teams in CAPS:
1. Dolphins (+3) over RAVENS (-115)
2. PATRIOTS (-7.5) over Chargers (-110)
3. 49ers (+13) over EAGLES (-115)
Aside last week’s 40-10 loss to the Cowboys, San Francisco was having a great season against the spread. Still winless in their overall record, the 49ers are actually 5-2 ATS in 2017.
The Eagles have only one loss on the season, but they just came off a big divisional win against Washington and I’m betting they are due for an emotional letdown this week. Take the points.
4. Atlanta (-5) over JETS (-110)
5. Panthers (+2) over BUCS (-110)
I still haven’t left the Carolina bandwagon, even though I probably ought to. Cam Newton is coming off another bad loss, and we’re kind of getting into the Put Up Or Shut Up portion of the season.
I haven’t paid enough attention to Tampa Bay this year, I just know they haven’t been very good. Truth be told, I don’t think their situation is relevant in this matchup. To me it’s as simple as the Panthers being the better team, and if they show up they will win.
6. Raiders (+3) over BILLS (-135)
7. WASHINGTON (+2) over Cowboys (-105)
8. SAINTS (-9) over Bears (-110)
9. Steelers (-3) over LIONS (-105)
10. CHIEFS (-7.5) over Broncos (even money)